Filed Under identification
I need to take 2 forms of identification with me to a test. Both MUST contain a signature and one must have a picture and signature. I have a valid drivers license but I don’t know what would count for a second form. I wasn’t sure if credit cards would work.
On the form that you received, there should be a phone number to call and ask them.
I have taken tests for federal, state and local agencies. Some will accept various things and others will not. I have found too that my passport was more than acceptable w/o my state identification/driver license.
Check out this link as to what the state of Michigan will accept to obtain identification or a driver license
Persons under the age of 18 — Must present a single document from the Primary Group shown below.
Persons 18 years old or older — Must present three documents from this list. At least one document must be from the Primary Group shown below. The other two documents may be from either the Primary or Secondary Group shown below.
PRIMARY GROUP DOCUMENTS MUST SHOW THE APPLICANT’S FULL NAME AND DATE OF BIRTH.
EXPIRED DOCUMENTS MAY BE ACCEPTED IF THE DOCUMENTS ARE AUTHENTIC AND STILL
REPRESENT THE APPLICANT.
1. A certified full-size or wallet-size birth certificate, issued by a U.S. (including American Samoa, Guam, Northern
Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands) or Canadian governmental unit. The document must have a
raised seal or be a true copy. HOSPITAL BIRTH CERTIFICATES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE.
2. A photo U.S. military identification card.
3. A photo U.S. military dependent identification card (DD-1173 or DD-1173-1).
4. An out-of-state or Canadian driver license or identification card with a photo.
5. A U.S. or Canadian passport.
6. If you were born in a foreign country, the following may be used:
a. Resident Alien Card/Permanent Resident Card (INS Form I-551), or
b. Certificate of U.S. Naturalization (N-550 or N-570), or
c. Certificate of U.S. Citizenship (N-560 or N-561), or
d. Employment Authorization Document (INS Form I-688B or I-766), or
e. Passport with a translation of the passport into English. See the back of this form for information about
1. A driver license from another country (other than Canada) with a translation of the license into English. See the back of
this form for information about translations. (An International Driving Permit is not an acceptable identity document and
is not an acceptable translation of a driver license from another country.)
2. A birth certificate, marriage license, or divorce decree from another country, with a translation of the document into
English. See the back of this form for information about translations.
3. A U.S. Department of State immigrant or non-immigrant visa.
4. A title or registration from Michigan or another state.
5. A marriage license from Michigan or another state. The document must have a raised seal or be a true copy.
6. A divorce decree from Michigan or another state. The document must have a raised seal or be a true copy.
7. An order for a name change from a court within the U.S. The document must have a raised seal or be a true copy.
8. A photo identification card issued by a Michigan governmental agency. Prison ID cards are not acceptable.
9. A certified birth certificate (for a child) showing the applicant as a parent. The document must have a raised seal or be a
10. A Michigan driver education certificate.
11. A non-photo out-of-state or Canadian driver license.
12. Michigan adoption record. The document must have a court seal or be a true copy.
13. School identification card with photo, school records, diploma, yearbook, etc., from a U.S. school, college, or university.
GED certificates are not acceptable. No more than two documents may be used. The applicant must provide the
school’s name and telephone number, as well as the city and state where the school is located.
14. U.S. military discharge or separation documents (DD-214, etc.).
15. Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians or Grand Traverse Band of Ottawa and Chippewa Indians tribal ID
I hope this helps